Mission and Strategic Plan
The mission of the University of Kansas Department of Public Administration is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students to be professional public managers and future faculty who will meet the challenges of public service; contribute to knowledge in the discipline through scholarly activity; and advance government, the profession, and the University’s standing through the application of research and expertise. Toward those goals, the faculty and staff are dedicated to:
- superb graduate, undergraduate and professional programs;
- cutting-edge research;
- leadership in both the academic and practicing communities of public administration;
- collaboration with intellectual partners within and outside of the university;
- international outreach and programs; and
- value-added consultation, professional development and continuing education.