School of Public Affairs and Administration
1445 Jayhawk Blvd., 4060 Wescoe Hall
Lawrence, KS 66045-3177
Phone: (785) 864-3527
FAX: (785) 864-5208
- Ph.D. Public Policy and Management, Ohio State University, 2011
- M.A. Government, John Hopkins University, 2003
- B.A. Government, Shippensburg University 1998
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Moulton, Stephanie and Eckerd, Adam. 2011. Preserving the Publicness of the Nonprofit Sector: Resources, Roles and Public Values. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly. Forthcoming.
- Eckerd, Adam. 2011. Cleaning Up Without Clearing Out? A Spatial Assessment of Environmental Gentrification. Urban Affairs Review.47(1): 31 - 59.
- Eckerd, Adam and Moulton, Stephanie. 2011. Heterogeneous Roles and Practices: Understanding the Adoption and Uses of Nonprofit Evaluations. American Journal of Evaluation. 32(1): 98 - 117.
- Heidelberg, Roy and Eckerd, Adam. 2011. A challenge to the ownership society: Does homeownership alone improve relative neighborhood quality? The Innovation Journal. 16(1): 1-14.
- Eckerd, Adam and Brown, Trevor. 2011. Review of “The Future of Public Administration Around the World: The Minnowbrook Perspective.” International Public Management Journal. Forthcoming
- Eckerd, Adam. 2011. Review of Lyon, T. 2010. “Good Cop Bad Cop: Environmental NGOs and their Strategies toward Business.” Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly. 40(3): 597-599.
- Assistant Professor, School of Public Affairs and Administration, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 2011 - Present
- Adjunct Lecturer, John Glenn School of Public Affairs, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2009 - 2010
- Adjunct Lecturer, Surry Community College, Dobson, NC, 2005 - 2007
- Robert W. Backoff Research Award 2011
- Association for Reseach on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action Emerging Scholar 2010
- First Place: Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum, Poster Division 2010
- Research Assistantship: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and John Glenn School of Public Affairs 2009 - 2011
- Conference Travel Scholarship, Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action 2009
- University Fellowship, Ohio State University, 2007 - 200